The Department of Unconfirmed Existence (DUE) is the seventh and most mysterious department at A New School. Their subjects of study include cryptozoology, mythology (including demonology) and exploration (including deep sea, outer space, etc.). They meet in the tunnels beneath the school's campus.
Averno Bible Description
If you walk straight to the center of campus and fist bump the statue of Abraham Luther Lee Jr., you’ll find yourself in the tunnels that run beneath all of the school. These tunnels are the domain of the DUE. No one has ever really been able to confirm that they do, in fact exist, however rumor has it that beneath the old campus there are tunnels that house the seventh department. Consisting solely on a diet of Mountain Dew and Kraft mac and cheese, no one knows how the students of DUE survive. They venture out at night in dark hoodies, armed with EMF readers, d, and a constant theme song of the “Spooky Scary Skeletons” dubstep remix. If anyone could confirm that they exist, they would be voted “department with the most crackhead energy”. You cannot declare a major in this department. If you’re chosen, you disappear into one of the unmarked doors in the backs of closets, trapdoors in abandoned classrooms, or from anywhere in the gym, as there are never any witnesses. The DUE has one mission- to search for and obtain proof of the unexplainable. Notable alumni purportedly include Goatman and the Jersey Devil (back when he still had a mullet).
Dimitri Ognassian - Professor of Cryptozoology.
Emanuel Anabitarte - Professor of Deep Sea and Deep Space Exploration
Frank Harringrove - Professor of Invention and Mysterious Objects
Eliziveta Raskova - Professor of... Something?
The majors of this department are Cryptozoology, demonology, deep sea exploration, astronauts etc.
Known DUE Students
- The crest of the Department of Unconfirmed Existence (pictured above) includes a skeletal 'bonebug' with colorful translucent wings.
- The department colors are teal and umber.
- The department's motto is 'I disrespect your bridge, Goatman!'
- This is a reference to the YouTube series Buzzfeed Unsolved, specifically the episode The Demonic Goatman's Bridge.
- They once had a prank war with DCD, it is now over
- There was a point in time they tried to own and/or steal everyone’s kneecaps, it did not go well.